View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Supposedly, what not to say to a transgender person Vide
PostSubject: Supposedly, what not to say to a transgender person   Supposedly, what not to say to a transgender person Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:20 pm

Recently, Katie Couric interviewed model Carmen Carrera and "Orange is the New Black" star Laverne Cox on her daytime talk show. Cox and Carrera are both male-to-female transsexual women who are enjoying a level of mainstream success in their respective fields. As such, they were interviewed for an episode of Couric's show dubbed "Transgender Trailblazers."

Supposedly, what not to say to a transgender person 131113163126-01-carrera-horizontal-gallery

As a male transgender trailblazer myself -- meaning I was designated female at birth and transitioned to male later in life -- I watched the "Katie" show with fervent hope that the time had finally come when a transgender subject was not going to be asked about their private parts.

My hopes were swiftly dashed the moment Couric stuttered to Carrera, "Your, your, your private parts are different now, aren't they?"

More:  http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/15/living/transgender-identity/
Back to top Go down

Supposedly, what not to say to a transgender person

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-