View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

How to Harness Your Brain's Dopamine Supply and Increase Motivation Vide
PostSubject: How to Harness Your Brain's Dopamine Supply and Increase Motivation   How to Harness Your Brain's Dopamine Supply and Increase Motivation Icon_minitimeMon Jan 13, 2014 5:17 pm

I spent an hour on this opening paragraph. The hour wasn't time well spent, mind you. Sure, I was working—writing, deleting, fiddling with words here and there—but my paragraph-per-hour pace was more the byproduct of a stubborn lack of motivation than of indecisiveness.

How to Harness Your Brain's Dopamine Supply and Increase Motivation Ku-xlarge

This post originally appeared on the iDoneThis blog.

I spent five minutes in email, ten minutes on Twitter, and fifteen minutes doing who-knows-what on Tumblr. Just kidding, I know exactly what I was doing: looking at dog pictures. Sound familiar? Motivation is a tricky thing to corral. Tricky, but not impossible.
The Origins of Motivation: It's in Your Head

To trace the source of motivation, let's begin in the brain where neurotransmitters spark chemical messages to keep us alert and on task. One specific neurotransmitter that plays a role in motivation is dopamine.

Dopamine's chemical signal gets passed from one neuron to the next, interacting with various receptors inside the synapse between the two neurons. This simple arrangement becomes much more complicated when you multiply the effect through the entire brain. Consider: there are different types of receptors, neurons, and pathways that neurotransmitters can take. Things get complicated fast.

More:  http://lifehacker.com/how-to-harnass-your-brains-dopamine-supply-and-increas-1496989326
Back to top Go down

How to Harness Your Brain's Dopamine Supply and Increase Motivation

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-