HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Supposedly, why we're 'supposed to' stop labelling women 'crazy'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Supposedly, why we're 'supposed to' stop labelling women 'crazy' Vide
PostSubject: Supposedly, why we're 'supposed to' stop labelling women 'crazy'   Supposedly, why we're 'supposed to' stop labelling women 'crazy' Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 4:06 am

I've had to quit telling stories about crazy exes or women I've dated.

Supposedly, why we're 'supposed to' stop labelling women 'crazy' WIDEenlightened1-620x349

The problem was that I started realising that when my friends and I would talk about our crazy exes or what-have-you, more often than not, we weren't talking about ex-girlfriends or random dates who exhibited signs of genuine mental health issues. Now I did have a few where I would qualify my story with, "No, I don't mean 'we broke up and I can't be bothered to figure out where things went wrong, I mean that she was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder and was starting to show signs of genuine paranoia," but for the most part, crazy meant "acting in a way I didn't like."

And I didn't realise just how damaging this attitude was in the way I related to women.

Part of my journey toward getting better with women was having to unlearn a lot of old attitudes and habits when it came toward dealing with the opposite sex. I, like most men, grew up in an world where certain attitudes toward women were just "the way things were" and we absorbed them without thinking about them.

http://www.dailylife.com.au/life-and-love/stop-labelling-women-crazy-20140107-30ez7.html
Back to top Go down

Supposedly, why we're 'supposed to' stop labelling women 'crazy'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-