View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

To hell with Edmund Burke and his collectivist conservatism Vide
PostSubject: To hell with Edmund Burke and his collectivist conservatism   To hell with Edmund Burke and his collectivist conservatism Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 4:54 am

Would the "first conservative" recognize modern conservatism?
The conservatism of recent days has been a conservatism of radical individualism: a politics that sees its job as protecting society's "makers" from society's "takers."
Yet the man most often credited as the founder of modern conservatism, the 18th-century British thinker-politician Edmund Burke, saw things very differently. Against the politics of "I want, I want, I want," he emphasized continuity, responsibility and community. That was a tough teaching 200 years ago, and it remains a tough teaching today. It's not a surprise that it often goes unheard. This year, however, Burke's tough teaching is again getting the articulation it deserves, thanks to two distinguished books by two rising conservative thinkers, one British, one American.

To hell with Edmund Burke and his collectivist conservatism 140105225624-edmund-burke-cartoon-story-top

More:  http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/06/opinion/frum-conservative-burke-today/
Back to top Go down

To hell with Edmund Burke and his collectivist conservatism

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Inside AnCaps, Philosophy, Libertarians & Ancapdemia's Ebony Basement-