HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Time for talking about sex

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Time for talking about sex  Vide
PostSubject: Time for talking about sex    Time for talking about sex  Icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 8:43 pm

Just before his fifth birthday my son asked me the infamous question that has frozen more than one parent before me, “Mum, where do babies come from?” My off the cuff reply was “from heaven.” “But mum, how do they get in a mummy’s tummy?” Under pressure, the best I could come up with was “by magic.” The torture continued, “how do they get out?”. “A doctor gets them out.” He seemed content and ran off to educate his three-year-old little brother about babies. Yet before I could wipe the sweat from my brow having just survived our first talk about the birds and the bees, I realised that next time my answers may need to be more reliant on the truth. But when will that next sex talk be?

Time for talking about sex  Laughingchildrenwide-620x349

In the wake of a study just published from The Burnet Institute it seems that parents need to be having the conversation about sex with their children a lot sooner than they think. The Burnet Institute epidemiologist Carol El-Hayke analysed chlamydia testing for people aged under 25 years and found that girls aged 12 to 15 years are testing positive for chlamydia at a higher rate than older women. Girls aged 12 to 15 had the highest percentage of positive tests (13 per cent) compared with older females. “People are having sex younger than they were fifty years ago” says Carol. She firmly believes that the conversation about sex needs to start early. “Maybe kids are hitting puberty younger, having sex younger, so the education needs to start younger.”

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/younger-kids/kids-development/time-for-talking-about-sex-20131028-2wafu.html#utm_source=FD&utm_medium=lifeandstylepuff&utm_campaign=chlamydia
Back to top Go down

Time for talking about sex

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-