HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

R.I.P. Best-selling author Elmore Leonard

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

R.I.P. Best-selling author Elmore Leonard Vide
PostSubject: R.I.P. Best-selling author Elmore Leonard   R.I.P. Best-selling author Elmore Leonard Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 3:13 am

Elmore Leonard, the beloved crime novelist whose acclaimed best-sellers and the movies made from them chronicled the violent deaths of many a thug and con man, has died. He was 87.

R.I.P. Best-selling author Elmore Leonard Df_alwide_elmore-20130821002755916664-620x349

Leonard, winner of an honorary National Book Award in 2012, died Tuesday morning at his home in Bloomfield Township, a suburb of Detroit, from complications of a stroke, according to his researcher, Gregg Sutter. He was surrounded by family when he died, Sutter said.
Prolific: the author Elmore Leonard stands in his Detroit home.

His millions of fans, from bellhops to Saul Bellow, made all his books since Glitz (1985) best-sellers. When they flocked to watch John Travolta in the movie version of Get Shorty in 1995, its author became the darling of Hollywood's hippest directors. And book critics and literary lions, prone to dismiss crime novels as mere entertainments, competed for adjectives to praise him.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/books/bestselling-author-elmore-leonard-dies-at-87-20130821-2s9q1.html#ixzz2caMMzeHQ
Back to top Go down

R.I.P. Best-selling author Elmore Leonard

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-