AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Awww, Arctic sea ice loss dramatically slows; How will my tankers now get through?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Awww, Arctic sea ice loss dramatically slows; How will my tankers now get through? Vide
PostSubject: Awww, Arctic sea ice loss dramatically slows; How will my tankers now get through?   Awww, Arctic sea ice loss dramatically slows; How will my tankers now get through? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2013 2:29 am

Since shrinking at a torrid pace in the first half of July, the Arctic sea ice meltdown has slowed markedly.

Awww, Arctic sea ice loss dramatically slows; How will my tankers now get through? Figure2

“I’ve seen slowdowns before, but this is out of this world,” writes the Arctic Sea Ice blog.

The blog notes Arctic sea ice actually expanded by 20,000 square kilometers for 10  days at the end of July.

“That’s so crazy for this phase of the melting season that I barely have words for it,” the blog says. “It’s unique as far as the record goes.”

The National Snow and Ice Data Center (NSIDC) says storminess in the second half of July likely halted the rapid retreat of ice that took place in the early part of the month.

“[A stormy pattern] brought more counterclockwise winds and cool conditions, and spread the ice out,” NSIDC writes.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/capital-weather-gang/wp/2013/08/09/arctic-sea-ice-loss-dramatically-slows-record-unlikely-in-2013/?tid=pm_local_pop
Back to top Go down

Awww, Arctic sea ice loss dramatically slows; How will my tankers now get through?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-