HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Best song ever written: Critics to songwriters disagree

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Best song ever written: Critics to songwriters disagree  Vide
PostSubject: Best song ever written: Critics to songwriters disagree    Best song ever written: Critics to songwriters disagree  Icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 1:34 am

The best song ever written? It's not a question that immediately lends itself to critical distance, so excuse me for volunteering a heartfelt answer. It's Nowhere Man. Shh, you'll get your turn. I'm going somewhere with this.

Best song ever written: Critics to songwriters disagree  HP-life-26style-aw-20130801131211268212-620x349

It was leaking from a taxi radio, I think, the first time I heard it. No. 3 on the US pop charts the week my family arrived to live in New York. It was April 1966, I was four years old, and this nowhere character's surreal detachment and confusion really hit home.

What struck me more profoundly than the skyscrapers was the unspeakable emotion those three weirdly tangled voices brought to that sad story. After long and possibly obsessive consideration, what I heard, I fancy, was the sound of empathy in harmony with loneliness.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/best-song-ever-written-critics-to-songwriters-disagree-20130802-2r4le.html#ixzz2ayYVt6IB
Back to top Go down

Best song ever written: Critics to songwriters disagree

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-