AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Demented Dropbox aims to replace the hard drive altogether - Not mine you won't

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Demented Dropbox aims to replace the hard drive altogether - Not mine you won't Vide
PostSubject: Demented Dropbox aims to replace the hard drive altogether - Not mine you won't   Demented Dropbox aims to replace the hard drive altogether - Not mine you won't Icon_minitimeTue Jul 09, 2013 11:53 pm

Aiming to replace the hard drive altogether, Dropbox is making moves to expand operating as just a simple cloud storage app to a fully-fledged platform of services.

Demented Dropbox aims to replace the hard drive altogether - Not mine you won't Dbx_2_270x264

Introduced at the cloud storage provider's first developer conference on Tuesday morning, the Dropbox Platform was touted by the company's CEO and founder Drew Houston as "a new foundation to solve the problems of sync so you don't have to."

He outlined this includes keeping structured data in sync, working offline, handling conflicts, and working across operating systems.

"Sync is the new save. We're never going back," declared Houston, adding this particular feature is a problem that affects everyone.

Last November, Dropbox stood at approximately 100 million users strong. As of today, Houston said the service now retains 175 million users and is growing "like crazy."

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-57592896-92/dropbox-aims-to-replace-the-hard-drive-altogether/
Back to top Go down

Demented Dropbox aims to replace the hard drive altogether - Not mine you won't

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-