HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Thicke doesn't shy away from controversy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Thicke doesn't shy away from controversy Vide
PostSubject: Thicke doesn't shy away from controversy   Thicke doesn't shy away from controversy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 03, 2013 11:42 pm

Robin Thicke's latest single Give It 2 U may once again inflame critics who have previously suggested that his Blurred Lines chart-topper is "degrading to women".

Thicke doesn't shy away from controversy Thicke-blurred-729-620x349

Give It 2 U features rapper Kendrick Lamar spitting rhymes about "d--k love", while Thicke sings about having "a little Thicke for you/ a big kiss for you/ I got a hit for you/ big d--k for you/ let me give it to you”. The music video has yet to be released.

In April, Feminist in LA blogger Lisa Huynh posted that Thicke's "new rape song" Blurred Lines "is disgusting— though admittedly very catchy".

Andrea Warner of CBC Music blog agreed, saying: "It's a catchy song, but that video, which has been described as rape-y by a number of women recently (including me), is a disturbing wonderland of male privilege, with Thicke whispering in a naked woman's ear, 'I know you want it,' over and over and over again."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/thicke-doesnt-shy-away-from-controversy-20130703-2pbqk.html#ixzz2Y2q0uZcM
Back to top Go down

Thicke doesn't shy away from controversy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-