View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Vide
PostSubject: 'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!'   'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 10:33 pm

Edit: Disregard the rotten journalists and their anti-victim spin.

The bloody scene horrified tourists when Pak Chong Mar started shouting about government corruption and pulled a knife on himself Thursday morning. Matt Lauer and other Today show cast members were set to film nearby.

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Articlerock10606

ak Chong Mar, who ranted against the government and used two knives to saw at his wrists outside the "Today" show Thursday morning, June 6, 2013.

The deranged Queens man who slashed his wrists in front of a horrified Rockefeller Center crowd watching the “Today” show broadcast said he had been robbed of his fortune and was lashing out at the IRS with this “desperate act.”

“I had to do something desperate to fight the corruption, fight the IRS,” Pak Chong Mar told a Daily News reporter as he lay on a hospital gurney at Bellevue Hospital. “They are so powerful.”

Bandages on his right hand and left wrist, blood spattered on his dark jeans, Pak gave a rambling statement as his wife and grown daughter sat silently nearby.

“I need people to help me fight for justice,” Pak said. “If I don’t do something drastic, sooner or later these guys are going to kill me anyway. I couldn’t even pay rent this month.”

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Articlerock20606

Pak Chong Mar was tackled at the Today Show filming outside 30 rock.

Pak, 76, said he emigrated from China to New York in 1948 and made a million dollars buying stocks with money made from running a grocery store and working as a waiter. He said TD Ameritrade and Scottrade helped plunder his funds and he had “proof” back at his apartment.

“I should be living well,” he said. “I had over a million dollars before. They’re making my life miserable.”

Pak’s daughter, who declined to give her name, shook her head sadly.

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Articlerock30606

Pak Chong Mar ranted about the IRS before he was tackled at the Today Show filming outside 30 rock.

“It’s sad,” she said. “We’re just trying to figure things out.”

Pak pleaded with the reporter for help and promised him a $50,000 cut if he got his money back. But when asked about the three fingers missing from his left hand, Pak abruptly said, “That’s a long story.”

According to police, back in August 1995 Pak used used a meat cleaver to methodically chop off the pinky, ring and middle fingers of his left hand — then he tossed each digit into the crowd gathered for the Hong Kong Dragon Board Festival in Flushing.

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Articletoday30606

A man with a knife cut his wrists outside the filming of the 'Today' show on Thursday.

Pak was carrying letters protesting his eviction from his Brooklyn apartment at the time.

When Pak arrived at NBC headquarters shortly before 8 a.m. Thursday, he was wearing a grubby gray T-shirt and a white baseball cap — and carrying another sheaf of documents.

“The IRS ruined my life!” he said in a thick accent, witnesses said. “I'm not a freeloader!”

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Articletoday40606

Witnesses said the man was ranting about the IRS and tossed a stack of papers in the air before cutting himself.

Pak also yelled something about “peppermint tea” and then thrust the papers at the tourists inside the barricaded area in the plaza that had been watching Matt, Savannah and Al do their thing.

When nobody would look at the papers, Pak threw them up in the air in apparent frustration and pulled out his knife.

“I’m going to cut myself” Pak declared.

As Pak was sawing one wrist, somebody knocked the knife out of his hands, witnesses said. So Pak grabbed another and began cutting the other wrist.

But a former NYPD cop who now works as Matt Lauer’s “security guy” tackled him.

A pal identified the hero ex-cop only as “Joe.”

“He took him down like a sack of potatoes,” the pal told a News reporter. “He’s a regular guy, ex-cop, NYPD. It’s what he does.”

Pak was knocked off his feet — and into a puddle of his own blood, witnesses said.

“It happened really fast — and then he was down,” said 21-year-old Jossie Edwards, a tourist from Easley, S.C.

Pak bled out so much cops used their feet to pin him down while they waited for paramedics to get there, witnesses said.

“They didn’t want to touch him,” said Edwards’ mom, Kim McLeroy.

Pak also did not go quietly into the ambulance that took him to Bellevue

“Move my head!” Mar barked as he was loaded into the vehicle.

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Articletoday0606

NYPD's Quasimodo standing on the guy's leg.

... Over at Pak’s apartment in the Corona section, neighbors said he lived quietly with a woman everybody assumed to be his wife.

“I just see him come and go,” said Earl Pincus, 84. “They’re quiet people. I say hello, that's all. Maybe he just snapped.”

Pak sued what was then called Beekman Downtown Hospital for “podiatric malpractice” in 1998, records show. The result of that suit was not known.

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/today-show-anti-irs-wrist-slasher-irs-ruined-life-article-1.1364706
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: 'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!'   'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:17 pm

Quote :
Pak bled out so much cops used their feet to pin him down while they waited for paramedics to get there, witnesses said.

“They didn’t want to touch him,” said Edwards’ mom, Kim McLeroy.

WTF? Contradiction?
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

PostSubject: Re: 'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!'   'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Didn't wanna touch him with their hands, or get blood all over their precious, statist issued, Nazi look-a-like, motherfucking uniform.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!'   'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Today' show wrist-slasher explains: 'The IRS ruined my life!'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-