HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz holiday rentals under threat from statists

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz holiday rentals under threat from statists Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz holiday rentals under threat from statists   OZschwitz holiday rentals under threat from statists Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 8:03 pm

Neighbours of a six-bedroom holiday rental in Terrigal are asking the NSW Land and Environment Court on Tuesday to stop the owner from renting out her property.

OZschwitz holiday rentals under threat from statists Art353holiday300x0

Should the case succeed, the lawyer representing the owner of the holiday home warns it will cast doubt on the legality of the temporary rental properties run by thousands of people for weekends and school holidays across NSW.

It is a similar story up and down the coast where councils are developing their own regulations governing the short-term market.

The owner of the Terrigal holiday home, Rhonda Bennic, said if the court finds against her, it will ruin her. ''It was a total shock to me, and the outcome could not just affect me and ruin me, but if an order was made, it's going to realistically affect tourism on the central coast,'' she said.
Advertisement

Her next-door neighbours John and Rosemary Dobrohotoff argue that the suburban street where they live with their two small children is zoned residential, and short-term letting is prohibited.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/fight-over-holiday-lets-goes-to-court-20130422-2iara.html#ixzz2REx628mg
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz holiday rentals under threat from statists

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-