AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Statist idiot: Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is Us”

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Statist idiot:  Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is Us” Vide
PostSubject: Statist idiot: Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is Us”   Statist idiot:  Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is Us” Icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 8:31 pm

In his big pitch in Colorado on Wednesday for further gun control, President Obama made an astonishing statement about gun rights advocates’ fears of governmental gun seizures. He said that such worries would just feed “into fears about government. You hear some of these folks: ‘I need a gun to protect myself from the government. We can’t do background checks because the government’s going to come take my guns away.’ The government’s us. These officials are elected by you … I am constrained as they are constrained by the system that our founders put in place.”

Statist idiot:  Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is Us” Flagg

There are two odd angles to this statement. The first is Obama’s overarching theme: government violation of rights is impossible because “the government is us,” and we can’t violate our own rights. Were this true, we could do away with the Constitution altogether. We would also never have to worry about democracies turning tyrannical, or electing tyrannical rulers. In this odd vision, Germany, Italy, and Spain remained liberal democracies throughout the twentieth century, World War II never happened, and Egypt, the Gaza Strip, and Turkey are all thriving centers of freedom.

The government is most assuredly not us – at least not all of us – which is why our system of government is designed to protect the rights of minorities while still allowing majorities to legislate without violating those rights. Obama’s defense to charges of incipient tyranny is that tyranny can never happen here. Which, of course, makes it more likely that tyranny will happen here.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/04/03/Obama-Constitution-constrains?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Back to top Go down

Statist idiot: Obama Claims That Government Tyranny is Impossible, Because “Government is Us”

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: According To AnCaps, The Idiot Of The Week Award Nominees Are...-