HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz statists indicating potential raids on pension funds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz statists indicating potential raids on pension funds Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz statists indicating potential raids on pension funds   OZschwitz statists indicating potential raids on pension funds Icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Fears of a new raid on earnings in the superannuation accounts of the wealthy have re-emerged after a senior minister refused to rule out the measure in the lead-up to the budget.

OZschwitz statists indicating potential raids on pension funds Artsataxremarks20130326

Searching for revenue to fund multibillion-dollar programs such as the school funding reforms and the national disability insurance scheme, Trade Minister Craig Emerson left open the option of taxing high-end super earnings saying the government was ''not interested in increasing taxation on the everyday working men and women of Australia'' before adding, ''if there is any capacity for, at the very high end, in different areas … I'm not saying we could never even look at something like that''.

Departing ministers recently warned of the dangers of ''trashing'' the Hawke-Keating legacy of superannuation.

A looming stoush over revenue is one of Julia Gillard's problems, with the Prime Minister brushing off a further fall in Labor's primary support on Tuesday and claiming it was tied to leadership tensions.
Advertisement

''As you know I don't comment on opinion polls, but I don't think anyone in the country needed an opinion poll to tell them that last week, that Labor, the federal Labor party, had a truly appalling week,'' she told reporters in Rockingham, Western Australia. ''I'm unsurprised that that's how Australians felt about it around the nation.''

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/political-news/tax-remarks-spark-worries-for-highend-super-savers-20130326-2gsbj.html#ixzz2OgwKPian
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz statists indicating potential raids on pension funds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-