AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

All we are saying, is give peace a chance: Rousey submits Carmouche in first UFC women's fight

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

All we are saying, is give peace a chance: Rousey submits Carmouche in first UFC women's fight Vide
PostSubject: All we are saying, is give peace a chance: Rousey submits Carmouche in first UFC women's fight   All we are saying, is give peace a chance: Rousey submits Carmouche in first UFC women's fight Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2013 2:24 am

Ronda Rousey is the baddest woman on the planet.

All we are saying, is give peace a chance: Rousey submits Carmouche in first UFC women's fight 162480676415x215

Seven professional fights. Seven first-round armbar victories.

In the first female fight in UFC history, Rousey submitted Liz Carmouche with just 11 seconds left in the first round in front of a sold-out crowd to retain the UFC women’s bantamweight title. It was the longest anyone has ever lasted in the cage with Rousey, but she cemented herself as the best women’s MMA fighter in the world at the Honda Center in Anaheim.

Rousey got a ton of attention leading up to the fight, working the late-night talk show circuit and being featured on HBO “Real Sports.” She said it didn’t make a difference.

“There’s no amount of press that can save these girls from me,” Rousey told UFC commentator Joe Rogan afterward.

Rousey, 26, didn’t have to win a fight to earn her UFC title and this one didn’t come without some tribulation. In the first two minutes, Carmouche draped herself on Rousey’s back with her arms around her head, almost cinching in a rear naked choke and then a neck crank.

“That was the most vulnerable a position I’ve been in so far in my career," Rousey said. "That was pretty tight, that neck crank, and I was very happy to get out of it. She had the choke across my mouth and the angle pushed my mouth-guard out of my mouth. Her forearm was pushing against my teeth and that can’t have been any more fun for her than it was for me. … Crazy sport we’re in, huh?"

But Rousey shook her to the mat and got into dominant position, hammering her with punch after punch leading to her trademark armbar submission. Carmouche’s arm was gruesomely bent the wrong way.

“This isn’t the highlight of my career," Carmouche said. "So far, maybe, but the highlight is going to be when I win some fights in the UFC and come back for the title.”

Rousey has had a meteoric rise to stardom – she was the first woman signed by the UFC and the reason why the organization created the division because of her good looks, charisma and dominance. But it was actually patience that helped her win this one.

“One thing I had to learn in MMA is to be patient, take my time,” Rousey said. “I cleared my head and I was trying to do it perfectly.”

Her career has been perfect thus far.

“Is this real life right now?” a smiling Rousey said.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/the_main_event/rousey_submits_carmouche_in_first_q6XVThDB4slcChARa7CXWO
Back to top Go down

All we are saying, is give peace a chance: Rousey submits Carmouche in first UFC women's fight

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-