View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

UK Blogger Guido Fawkes, aka Paul Staines: 'I still hate politicians' Vide
PostSubject: UK Blogger Guido Fawkes, aka Paul Staines: 'I still hate politicians'   UK Blogger Guido Fawkes, aka Paul Staines: 'I still hate politicians' Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:57 am

Right-wing blogger Paul Staines is a man with an instinct for retribution and vendetta. For almost ten years he has been claiming scalps in Westminster. So who's next?

UK Blogger Guido Fawkes, aka Paul Staines: 'I still hate politicians' Guidofawkesakapaulsta01

Back in 2006, when his blog was still quite new, Paul Staines forgot he had been invited to a lobby lunch by a journalist at Westminster. He was renovating his house when he got the call. "Paul, where are you? The first course is coming any minute." The blogger rushed over to Westminster, walked into the room, "and there's an intake of breath from the old guard". He had paint in his hair, was wearing flip-flops, shorts and an Ireland rugby shirt, "and the whole room went, what the fuck's that?" It's an anecdote that helpfully burnishes a fond self-image – that of a scrappy upstart bursting into the closed and cosy world of Westminster journalism, ruffling feathers. Which was exactly what he wanted his blog to do, and the reason why he called it Guido Fawkes.

More: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/feb/15/guido-fawkes-paul-staines-interview
Back to top Go down

UK Blogger Guido Fawkes, aka Paul Staines: 'I still hate politicians'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-