Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

The potentially good: Jesse Jackson Jr charged with misusing campaign funds

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

The potentially good: Jesse Jackson Jr charged with misusing campaign funds Vide
PostSubject: The potentially good: Jesse Jackson Jr charged with misusing campaign funds   The potentially good: Jesse Jackson Jr charged with misusing campaign funds Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:10 pm

A former congressman and son of a prominent civil rights leader has been charged with spending campaign funds on personal expenses.

The potentially good: Jesse Jackson Jr charged with misusing campaign funds 6592098965920984

Jesse Jackson Jr of Illinois is accused of misusing $750,000 (£483,000).

He and his wife Sandi Jackson, who is charged with tax fraud in the matter, intend to plead guilty, media report.

Mr Jackson, a 47-year-old Democrat, resigned in November after acknowledging he was being treated for bipolar disorder.

"I offer no excuses for my conduct and I fully accept my responsibility for the improper decisions and mistakes I have made," Mr Jackson said in a statement.

Mr Jackson is charged in federal court in Washington DC with conspiracy, fraud, and making false statements. Prosecutors say Mrs Jackson filed false tax forms that underreported how much tax the couple owed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-21481391
Back to top Go down

The potentially good: Jesse Jackson Jr charged with misusing campaign funds

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-