AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

The good, actually: How the Obeid graft scandal risks our faith in the OZschwitz system

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

The good, actually: How the Obeid graft scandal risks our faith in the OZschwitz system Vide
PostSubject: The good, actually: How the Obeid graft scandal risks our faith in the OZschwitz system   The good, actually: How the Obeid graft scandal risks our faith in the OZschwitz system Icon_minitimeMon Feb 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Having lived in Indonesia for the past 12 months, perhaps I should not be shocked by the sorts of corruption allegations aired in New South Wales in recent weeks. Scandals of this kind, after all, are commonplace here.

In my new home, the ruthless collection by politicians of every available financial advantage is the stuff of the news almost every day, and the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) in Jakarta is routinely the best show in town, just as the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption is proving to be in Sydney.

But despite all this, I am shocked.

I find it shocking that one man, Eddie Obeid, who seemingly contributed little or nothing to public policy during decades in Parliament, managed, allegedly, to accrue millions of dollars in private benefits for his family.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/how-the-obeid-graft-scandal-risks-our-faith-in-the-system-20130211-2e8ro.html#ixzz2Kdc4ay4X
Back to top Go down

The good, actually: How the Obeid graft scandal risks our faith in the OZschwitz system

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-