HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

How an OZschwitz teacher fixed a troubled school

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

How an OZschwitz teacher fixed a troubled school Vide
PostSubject: How an OZschwitz teacher fixed a troubled school   How an OZschwitz teacher fixed a troubled school Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 4:32 am

Tamer Bani-Mohammad doesn't look like a trouble-maker. Tall and good-looking, with short, dark hair, striking light-green eyes and a strong handshake, he twists uncomfortably as young men do when they talk about themselves. "I was really off the hook in years 8 and 9," says Bani-Mohammad. "I'd argue with teachers, truant, throw chairs, smoke - all that rubbish."

How an OZschwitz teacher fixed a troubled school 729jihad4620x349

In year 10, the Punchbowl Boys High student launched a flurry of punches in the playground and was suspended for 20 days. His father, a local taxi driver, despaired and the staff wanted him out. "They couldn't even speak to me," says Bani-Mohammad, "let alone teach me."

On his second day back he "lost it" and flung half a classroom - chairs, desks, books - out the window. Moments later, the principal, Jihad Dib, saw the still-seething student sitting in the gutter in front of the school. But Dib didn't march out with expulsion papers. He eased himself down into the gutter beside Bani-Mohammad and swung an arm around the student's shoulder. "I was yelling and swearing at him, 'What do you f...king care about me?' " recalls Bani-Mohammed. "But Mr Dib just told me that he wasn't going to let me stuff my life up."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/a-matter-of-principal-20130121-2d2ej.html#ixzz2JXn4MGV4
Back to top Go down

How an OZschwitz teacher fixed a troubled school

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-