View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Atta girl: Tina Turner turns in US passport, receives Swiss citizenship Vide
PostSubject: Atta girl: Tina Turner turns in US passport, receives Swiss citizenship   Atta girl: Tina Turner turns in US passport, receives Swiss citizenship Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2013 7:14 pm

Swiss miss Tina Turner is making her love for her adopted country official by taking out a passport.

Atta girl: Tina Turner turns in US passport, receives Swiss citizenship 7874383

The Tennessee native is giving up her American passport after living in a suburb of Zurich, Switzerland’s biggest city, since the mid-1990s, Fox News said.

“I’m very happy in Switzerland and I feel at home here,” she told German tabloid Blick. “I cannot imagine a better place to live.”

The local council in Kuesnacht announced its decision to grant the 73-year-old entertainer citizenship in an official notice published in Friday’s edition of the Zuerichsee-Zeitung newspaper, Fox News said.

Approval is still needed from state and federal officials.

The mayor of Turner’s hometown in rural Tennessee said she was surprised by the decision but said the celebrated diva has “never forgotten her roots.”

However, Jo Matherne told Fox411: “I think anytime a person, whether they’re world-renowned for the most meek and mile, makes the decision to change their citizenship we need to step back and think — what causes that decision.”

French actor Gerard Depardieu recently made headlines by announcing he was leaving the country because of high taxes and would take out Russian citizenship instead.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/Tina+Turner+turns+passport+receives+Swiss+citizenship/7874382/story.html
Back to top Go down

Atta girl: Tina Turner turns in US passport, receives Swiss citizenship

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: More Via AnCaps: Culture, Art & Media-