View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

From Daniel Ellsberg to Bradley Manning…Oh How Far We Have Come Vide
PostSubject: From Daniel Ellsberg to Bradley Manning…Oh How Far We Have Come   From Daniel Ellsberg to Bradley Manning…Oh How Far We Have Come Icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:58 am

“In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
Eric Blair aka George Orwell

In this article we will take a very sobering look at just how far we have come as a nation in the area of whistleblowing. In today’s America we are plagued by the rationale that it’s NOT ok for a friend to lie or deceive us, but completely ok for a Government to do so. In fact, most will not even recognize the fact that they are being lied to. When presented with proof that indeed they are being lied to by their Government, the message is ridiculed, ostracized, called unpatriotic and in this glorious time we live in, you are deemed a terrorist/enemy of the state.

From Daniel Ellsberg to Bradley Manning…Oh How Far We Have Come Whistleblower

In my life and I’m sure yours as well, friendships have been destroyed by lies and deception. Alot of times the lies and deception are born out of a personal agenda. Now in some cases the lying friend was discovered as being a lier through let say, another friend. One friend confronts you with a conflicting side of the tale causing you to give the story that the lying friend is telling closer examination. So as I have done and maybe you the reader have done as well, I start asking questions. This is very common in social interactions. People lie. Now lets look at how we deal with Government lies.

When Government lies and the other friend comes along and presents you with a another side of the story that contradicts the Government’s version of the story, we lable them terrorist and unpatriotic. Alot of times without even looking at what is being presented to them. Shoot the messenger, ignore the message. There was actually a time, not that long ago, when the messenger was NOT shot. The message was heard. The messenger? Daniel Ellsberg. The message? The Government misled the public in regards to U.S. involvement in Vietnam.

More: http://room101radio.net/2012/12/06/from-daniel-ellsberg-to-bradley-manning-oh-how-far-we-have-come/
Back to top Go down

From Daniel Ellsberg to Bradley Manning…Oh How Far We Have Come

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-