View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 09, 2020 3:58 am

From Peace to Prosperity - Trump’s Middle East Peace Plan

http://www.solopassion.com/node/11018

Oh man

Did you forget this, Olivia?

Israhell drawing up map for West Bank annexations: Thieving Netanyahu

Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Vide
PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2020 2:31 am

But, suppose I come from Mars. Government never took money from me or my parents. According to these Randians, I would not be justified in taking government funds.

https://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2020/05/25/is_taking_money_from_government_compatible_with_libertarianism_492424.html

idiots
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 6:11 pm

Intellectual pygmy Yaron Brook takes another stab at AnCappers:

"I think anarchy leads to nothing but bloodshed and destruction and ultimately it leads inevitably to authoritarianism.

"If you're an anarchist in your 40's, something's wrong.

"If you're over 40 and an anarchist, I'm not sitting on stage with you... you're a bad person.

"Anarchy is a destructive ideology. I'm willing to tolerate it when you're young.... at some point my tolerance disappears, and I'm not tolerant of anti-life ideas from people who should know better.

"Anarcho-Capitalism is not a legitimate ideology. It's not worthy of debate.

"Most people grow out of it relatively quickly."

Dummy
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2020 11:41 pm

statist filth

Thumbs down
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2020 8:50 am

Anarcho-Capitalism Is Wrong.

http://www.solopassion.com/node/11116

intellidiots
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 am

The Ayn Rand Institute Does Not Speak for Ayn Rand

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/08/the_ayn_rand_institute_does_not_speak_for_ayn_rand.html

idiots
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2020 9:54 pm

Deluded utopian objectivist Robin Craig's non-answer...

Is the law one of mankind's greatest achievements?

I would say yes, the law is one of mankind’s greatest achievements.

But let us [re]define our terms: I mean the law in the sense of objectively defined and applied laws, where a crime is defined in easily understood terms and everyone is subject to the law, so it is government “by laws not men”. [And which is, as you note below, not yet an achievement!]

Certainly not the greatest achievement: that is the development of rational philosophy, from which the idea of objective law derives. But for people to live together in productive harmony, we need a government built on objective laws, so that our rights (to life, liberty, property and the pursuit of happiness) are defended, both objectively (not subject to individual whim, even our own), effectively (the government needs to be more powerful than the criminals) and justly (which is a subset of objectively, as good laws must be based on justice).

It is interesting that the ancient Greeks illustrated this in a series of myths where someone did something bad to someone else, and for generations after, each new generation had their revenge on the other lineage; with this cycle finally broken by a system of law, not vendetta.

To see the benefit of such laws, consider how difficult life would be if you were prey to every random thug or gang, with no recourse but your own abilities; or worse [why is it worse?], the grandchild of someone your grandfather harmed turns up to ruin your life, feeling perfectly justified in doing so!

That said, like all inventions from sharpened rocks onward, the law can be misused. The law can be turned to maintaining the power of a dictator or ruling class; it can be turned to punishing behaviour which hurts nobody else but is deemed immoral (think homosexuality and the “war” on drugs). But even in its modern, imperfect form, it is a big step up from what went on before.

And one day, perhaps the law will finally be purified to where its sole purpose is the protection of individual rights.

https://www.quora.com/Is-the-law-one-of-mankinds-greatest-achievements/answer/Robin-Craig-3?ch=1&share=cb09472d&srid=nrJ9&fbclid=IwAR2ySxie_ahVDL7yGBunvOAoHeWr9kKIbIuM7qT3yQx_N6pzAFdgayE6LK4
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2020 6:54 am

Who’s Who
– Among Current and Former ARI  Associates –
The following aren’t complete biographies, just random facts, some out of the way and interesting.

http://ariwatch.com/WhosWho.htm

Here's a taste of their insanity:

Quote :
... When the Letter was a List the website contained the following  “HBL Loyalty Oath”  which members implicitly took, sort of like a software shrink-wrap agreement:

I “exclude anyone who is sanctioning or supporting the enemies of Ayn Rand and Objectivism.  ‘Enemies’ include: ‘libertarians’ [he doesn’t define the term], moral agnostics or ‘tolerationists’, anarchists, and those whom Ayn Rand condemned morally or who have written books or articles attacking Ayn Rand. I do not wish to publicize the myriad of anti-Objectivist individuals and organizations by giving names ... .

“If you bristle at the very idea of a ‘loyalty oath’ and declaring certain ideological movements and individuals as ‘enemies’, then my list is probably not for you. To join my list while concealing your sanction or support of these enemies, would be to commit a fraud.”

Restricting an Objectivist study list to people sincerely interested in studying Objectivism is reasonable, though calling this a “loyalty oath” was kind of silly – “expressing sincere interest” would have served the purpose and not sounded like a Masonic Lodge initiation. But whatever you call it, considering his own writings sincere interest in Objectivism is not what he seeks.

The Loyalty Oath disappeared when the List became a Letter, replaced with a shorter and more urbane statement amounting to the same thing but without the silly title.

🔤
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 9:21 pm

Statist Nonsense:

What We Owe the Real Defenders of America

https://newideal.aynrand.org/what-we-owe-the-real-defenders-of-america/
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 5:59 pm

How to Easily Debunk Election Fraud Conspiracies...

:Brainiac:
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2020 2:16 am

Yaron Brook: "How Anarcho-Capitalism Defaults to Civil War"

It's a mythology ... it's a rationalistic construction that cannot exist.

Anarchism is the negation of capitalism ... the negation of property rights.

You need a human institution that eliminates the use of force.

It's a consequence of philosophical subjectivism. "To hell with some means of objectivity."

Law is a science: To define property rights correctly ... is an issue of proof.

shuddup
shyster
nonsense
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'   Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists' - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ayn Rand's Statist, Randroid Idiots: Out of the mouths of 'Objectivists'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: According To AnCaps, The Idiot Of The Week Award Nominees Are...-