View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Free Market Traffic versus Government Traffic Control  Vide
PostSubject: Free Market Traffic versus Government Traffic Control    Free Market Traffic versus Government Traffic Control  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 12:50 am

Very cool. What happened when government traffic lights went out in Auckland, New Zealand? See for yourself. The screen on the left shows the traffic flow when the lights were out.

Karen DeCoster, who posted the video at LRC, writes:

This caught my eye because I experience this often going to/from work. I take one surface road from my home to downtown, and things being the way they are in Detroit, when storms knock out traffic lights, it is typically at least one week before they get fixed. In the spontaneous order that results, I blaze through the lights much quicker, and my commuting time is always shortened.

The same day I first watched this video, last week, the traffic lights went out at a major intersection in the 'burbs where a six-lane divided highway crosses another six-lane divided highway (giving us the famous "Michigan Left"). This might seem a bit tricky to maneuver, however, I noted how carefully folks approached the intersection, and how quickly they made decisions to go/not go. Traffic flowed beautifully and I zipped through the intersection during evening rush hour.

Free the roads! Walter Block for DOT commissioner.

http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2012/08/free-market-traffic-versus-government.html
Back to top Go down
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Free Market Traffic versus Government Traffic Control  Vide
PostSubject: Re: Free Market Traffic versus Government Traffic Control    Free Market Traffic versus Government Traffic Control  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 am

:Cool 3:
Back to top Go down

Free Market Traffic versus Government Traffic Control

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-