HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Medicinal cons are hard to swallow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Medicinal cons are hard to swallow Vide
PostSubject: Medicinal cons are hard to swallow   Medicinal cons are hard to swallow Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 11:53 pm

I LOVE drugs. Adore them. Best thing since sliced bread. Headache? Sweet, sweet codeine. Runny nose? Sneezing? Antihistamine and pseudo-ephedrine. (Even if I have to provide three types of ID and a reference from my childhood priest to buy it.) I'm such an enthusiastic consumer of modern medicine that I'm on first-name terms with the pharmacist near work. Hi, Amy.

Medicinal cons are hard to swallow Art353heckler300x0

But your Pfizers, your Johnson & Johnsons and your Glaxo-SmithKlines deserve every smidgen of mistrust, every label of Big Evil Pharma when it comes to spruiking a remedy for two particular ailments with which I'm often inflicted. The two biggest con jobs of the pharmaceutical industry are cough medicine and cold sore cream.

I have a cough. It's phlegmy and persistent. I'm hacking up bits of greenish lung during the day and I'd kill my own grandmother for a good night's sleep. Off to the chemist. (Hi, Amy.) Do I get an expectorant or a suppressant? An expectorant loosens the phlegm - apparently - so I can easily cough it up. But really, I just want to stop the blasted coughing. A suppressant stops the coughing - apparently - but then I can't get rid of the phlegm. And all this doesn't really matter because NONE OF IT WORKS ANYWAY SO JUST STOP THE LIES, AMY! The only way of getting rid of a cough is to wait. Nothing will get rid of it other than time. I can spend that time wondering why there are 10 different, half-empty bottles of useless cough medicine in my bathroom.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/society-and-culture/medicinal-cons-are-hard-to-swallow-20120902-258am.html#ixzz25NKyAJve
Back to top Go down

Medicinal cons are hard to swallow

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-