AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

70-year-old man completes year-long run--Congratz!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

70-year-old man completes year-long run--Congratz! Vide
PostSubject: 70-year-old man completes year-long run--Congratz!   70-year-old man completes year-long run--Congratz! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 3:45 am

Three Japanese men have completed a year-long transcontinental run from Paris to Tokyo spanning 13,350 kilometres.

Reuters reports 71-year-old Kenichi Hatori, his son, 28-year-old Akihito, and his colleague Takenobu Sugama, 50, have been running 43km a day to thank the world for helping Japan recover from the 2011 earthquake and tsunami disaster.

The men, from Fukushima Prefecture, have covered 14 countries since June 25 2011, including the mountainous regions of China and the tsunami-damaged coastlines of northern Japan.

In March 2011 Japan was devastated by a 9.0 earthquake, with a resultant tsunami ripping through the Tohoku coastline, killing nearly 16,000 people.

'The people I met during my journey told me 'Never give up, Japan' and that support warmed me and kept me running. Japan will no doubt recover from the disaster,' Hatori told Reuters.

Some 300 people turned out to support the men in downtown Tokyo as they completed their long journey.

Hatori hopes the feat will also inspire other people over 70 to keep energetic.

'I want to tell the elderly people in their 70s or 80s to be more active and vigorous because they are still in the middle of their youth,' he told Reuters.

http://www.skynews.com.au/offbeat/article.aspx?id=779596&vId=3435509
Back to top Go down

70-year-old man completes year-long run--Congratz!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-