HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

China slave pen under pressure to ditch one-child policy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

China slave pen under pressure to ditch one-child policy Vide
PostSubject: China slave pen under pressure to ditch one-child policy   China slave pen under pressure to ditch one-child policy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 3:58 am

Pan Chunyan was grabbed from her grocery store when she was almost eight months pregnant with her third child. Men working for a local official locked her up with two other women, and four days later brought her to a hospital and forced her to put her thumbprint on a document saying she had agreed to an abortion. A nurse injected her with a drug.

''After I got the shot, all the thugs disappeared,'' Ms Pan, 31, said in a telephone interview from her home in the south-eastern province of Fujian. ''My family was with me again. I cried and hoped the baby would survive.''

But after hours of labour, the baby was born dead on April 8, ''black and blue all over,'' Pan said.

Recent reports of women being coerced into late-term abortions by local officials have thrust China's population control policy into the spotlight and ignited an outcry among policy advisers and scholars seeking to push central officials to change or repeal a law that penalises families for having more than one child.
Advertisement

Pressure to alter the policy is building on other fronts as well, as economists say China's ageing population and dwindling pool of young, cheap labour will be a significant factor in slowing the nation's economic growth rate.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/china-under-pressure-to-ditch-onechild-policy-20120723-22kjx.html#ixzz21Wb89Wbb
Back to top Go down

China slave pen under pressure to ditch one-child policy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-