HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Moms for Marijuana

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Moms for Marijuana Vide
PostSubject: Moms for Marijuana   Moms for Marijuana Icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 10:08 pm

I admit that when I came across the US-based advocacy group Moms for Marijuana my initial thought was “only in America”. I mean, where else would you find laidback “moms” agitating for their stoner teen kids’ freedom of expression?

Moms for Marijuana Marijuanawide620x349

Except that I was wrong on two counts. Firstly, these women were serious about legalising marijuana, sure, but it was mainly for their own use. And secondly, with a busy Facebook page, MFM’s influence reaches not only across the US, but outside it, too, with chapters in Canada, Israel and, reportedly, Australia.

With more mums happily choosing grass over a glass it’s an issue that won’t run out of puff anytime soon.

If MFM and sister group Women’s Marijuana Movement sparked new debate in the US drug wars, then last year The New York Daily News did a top job of fanning the flames, running with the ingenious headline “Smokin’ pot mamas!”.

http://www.essentialkids.com.au/family-life/family-home/mums-for-marijuana-20120712-21xa2.html#utm_source=FD&utm_medium=lifeandstylepuff&utm_campaign=potmums2
Back to top Go down

Moms for Marijuana

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-