AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

'Model citizen': San Francisco sheriff gets 1 day in jail, probation in spouse-abuse case

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

'Model citizen':  San Francisco sheriff gets 1 day in jail, probation in spouse-abuse case Vide
PostSubject: 'Model citizen': San Francisco sheriff gets 1 day in jail, probation in spouse-abuse case   'Model citizen':  San Francisco sheriff gets 1 day in jail, probation in spouse-abuse case Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:07 pm

San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, who pleaded guilty last week to falsely imprisoning his wife, was sentenced on Monday to one day in jail and three years probation, making a tearful apology outside of court.

Mirkarimi, who was sentenced as part of a plea agreement with prosecutors that allows him to keep his post and his gun, was also ordered to undergo domestic counseling and perform 100 hours of community service.

The sheriff has already served his single day in jail.

"I deeply and humbly apologize for my behavior and the pain that it has caused. It should not have happened. There's no excuse for it and I accept full responsibility," Mirkarimi said outside of court, wiping away tears.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/20/us-court-sheriff-sentence-idUSBRE82J00L20120320
Back to top Go down

'Model citizen': San Francisco sheriff gets 1 day in jail, probation in spouse-abuse case

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-