View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Griefers deface epilepsy message-board with seizure-inducing animations Vide
PostSubject: Griefers deface epilepsy message-board with seizure-inducing animations   Griefers deface epilepsy message-board with seizure-inducing animations Icon_minitimeWed Apr 09, 2008 6:07 am

Laughing face

Scumbag griefers defaced an epilepsy message-board with strobing graphics and redirects to animations that were intended to trigger seizures in people with epilepsy:

RyAnne Fultz, a 33-year-old woman who suffers from pattern-sensitive epilepsy, says she clicked on a forum post with a legitimate-sounding title on Sunday. Her browser window resized to fill her screen, which was then taken over by a pattern of squares rapidly flashing in different colors.

Fultz says she "locked up."

"I don't fall over and convulse, but it hurts," says Fultz, an IT worker in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho. "I was on the phone when it happened, and I couldn't move and couldn't speak."

After about 10 seconds, Fultz's 11-year-old son came over and drew her gaze away from the computer, then killed the browser process, she says.

"Everyone who logged on, it affected to some extent, whether by causing headaches or seizures," says Browen Mead, a 24-year-old epilepsy patient in Maine who says she suffered a daylong migraine after examining several of the offending posts. She'd lingered too long on the pages trying to determine who was responsible.

http://www.boingboing.net/2008/03/31/griefers-deface-epil.html
Back to top Go down

Griefers deface epilepsy message-board with seizure-inducing animations

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-