HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

The truth about MSG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

The truth about MSG Vide
PostSubject: The truth about MSG   The truth about MSG Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2011 2:53 am

Few ingredients have been subject to as much debate and hysteria as monosodium glutamate. Let's dispel some myths.

The truth about MSG Aw-msg_20111107133625739095-420x0

More than 40 years ago, The New England Journal of Medicine published a letter from a Maryland doctor about a meal he had eaten. That relatively innocuous letter was to ignite a food controversy that has continued unabated ever since.

''I have experienced a strange syndrome whenever I have eaten out in a Chinese restaurant, especially one that served northern Chinese food,'' Robert Ho Man Kwok wrote. ''The syndrome, which usually begins 15 to 20 minutes after I have eaten the first dish, lasts for about two hours, without hangover effect. The most prominent symptoms are numbness at the back of the neck, gradually radiating to both arms and the back, general weakness and palpitations …''

http://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/restaurants-and-bars/the-truth-about-msg-20111105-1n0mz.html
Back to top Go down

The truth about MSG

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-