View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

VIDEO: Man Confronts Slimy County Commissioner Outside Meeting Vide
PostSubject: VIDEO: Man Confronts Slimy County Commissioner Outside Meeting   VIDEO: Man Confronts Slimy County Commissioner Outside Meeting Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 7:14 am

GRAHAM, N.C. (WGHP)—
An ongoing feud between a citizen and a county commissioner escalated into a confrontation after a meeting Monday night.

Michael Graves and Commissioner Tim Sutton got into a verbal fight on the sidewalk outside the Alamance County Commission meeting, Sheriff Terry Johnson said.

Johnson said he broke up the fight and told both of them to go home.

Graham Police is still investigating the incident.

The argument between the two has gone on since at least May, when Sutton made controversial comments on a talk radio show on WBAG about crime and the black community.

Graves and other citizens asked commissioners on Monday night to condemn Sutton's statements. Sutton has said repeatedly he stands by his comments.

Graves said the fight became physical on Monday when Sutton used the term "Ol' blue eyes."

"He started bumping into me, saying 'You're full of it, and one day you're gonna get yours. Ol' blue eyes is going to take care of you one day.' I asked him, 'Was he threatening me?' He said, 'You heard what I said,'" Graves said.

Sutton said Graves responded he had no right to use that phrasing and that Sutton was "full of it."

"When he said that, it just triggered me because he has been calling a local radio show constantly referring to me as a name that's not my name," Sutton said.

Graves said Sutton is using racial intimidation, but Sutton said race has nothing to do with it.

"What I made a reference to was, 'Blue eyes might someday have to try to calm this debate,' and I meant that. I didn't mean that in a white/black scenario. I've always been known for my blue eyes. I was known for that in high school....I hardly consider that a racist comment," Sutton said.

Sutton said he has never had a confrontation of this magnitude with a citizen in his 17 years of service.

Graves tried to press charges Tuesday afternoon, but Graham Police said no charges, if any, would be filed until their investigation is complete.

Johnson said he didn't see anything criminal happen between the two men.

http://www.myfox8.com/news/wghp-man-confronts-county-commissioner-outside-meeting-20110719,0,6499481.story
Back to top Go down

VIDEO: Man Confronts Slimy County Commissioner Outside Meeting

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-