HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

WikiLeaks damage will last for years, says Clinton - Ancaps ecstatic

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

WikiLeaks damage will last for years, says Clinton - Ancaps ecstatic Vide
PostSubject: WikiLeaks damage will last for years, says Clinton - Ancaps ecstatic   WikiLeaks damage will last for years, says Clinton - Ancaps ecstatic Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 3:04 am

The US Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton has acknowledged it will take years to undo the damage caused by the WikiLeaks revelations, likening her recent travels to an extended ''apology tour'' to reassure allies who suffered embarrassment or worse because of the disclosures.

''I think I will be answering concerns about WikiLeaks for the rest of my life, not just the rest of my tenure as Secretary of State,'' Mrs Clinton said as she embarked on a five-day visit of Arab countries, many of which were stung by revelations about private talks between American diplomats and regional leaders.

Mrs Clinton, who is on her second Middle East trip in less than a month, said she had sought to ''affirmatively raise'' the WikiLeaks issue in meetings with Arab officials to tackle the problems head-on.
Advertisement: Story continues below

Some of Iran's Arab neighbours were particularly aggrieved by leaked State Department cables that showed them privately urging the Obama administration to take a harder line against Iran's nuclear ambitions.

ANCAPS: ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Back to top Go down

WikiLeaks damage will last for years, says Clinton - Ancaps ecstatic

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-