AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too Vide
PostSubject: US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too   US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:08 pm

Under a new anti-corruption strategy for Afghanistan, the US will not aggressively pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud, conceding that ''limited judicial capacity and political interference'' from President Hamid Karzai's government make success in prosecuting them unlikely.

Instead, the document puts a priority on fighting corruption at the local level and strengthening Afghan institutions to deal with it through an array of new and existing initiatives. Whether that approach will make a difference remains unclear.

When it comes to dealing with corrupt senior Afghan officials, the Obama administration ''may be compelled to act unilaterally'' when the Afghan government chooses not to, by freezing the officials' financial assets in the US or preventing their travel abroad, the strategy says.

ANCAPS: ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Back to top Go down
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too Vide
PostSubject: Re: US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too   US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too Icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 5:24 pm

Quote :
Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too

lol!
Back to top Go down

US will not pursue top Afghan officials suspected of fraud - Hey, I wanna be an Afghan official too

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Realpolitik, Statism & Bureaucracy-