HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

China: Prominent activist freed after four years of jail

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

China: Prominent activist freed after four years of jail Vide
PostSubject: China: Prominent activist freed after four years of jail   China: Prominent activist freed after four years of jail Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:25 am

A BLIND activist who was jailed after exposing abuses in China's 'one child' population policy was freed on Thursday after completing a prison term of more than four years, a rights group said.

Chen Guangcheng was jailed in 2006 after accusing family-planning officials in eastern China's Shandong province of forcing at least 7,000 women to be sterilised or undergo late-term abortions.

'I have not changed at all. I want to thank all the friends who have been concerned about me,' Mr Chen was quoted as saying after his release by the Chinese Human Rights Defenders, a network of rights activists.

It said he was released from prison in the city of Linyi, where he gained international fame for helping people seek legal redress over a wide variety of injustices, with corrupt officials a particular target.

ANCAPS: ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Back to top Go down

China: Prominent activist freed after four years of jail

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-