View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Greece Simmers as Austerity Plan Bites Vide
PostSubject: Greece Simmers as Austerity Plan Bites   Greece Simmers as Austerity Plan Bites Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 8:16 am

The Greeks are still broke and they're getting angrier about it. An austerity plan meant to put the country back on the road to economic health has plunged Greece into a depression, with the unemployment rate approaching 70% in some areas. Almost a fifth of stores in Athens have declared bankruptcy and with things set to get worse instead of better, some analysts predict widespread civil unrest is on the way.

There will be another wave of layoffs next month, with "extreme social consequences," warns an Athens University professor of political science, who has appeared on TV warning Greeks of hard times ahead. Angry workers say they've lost faith in the unions and all the country's political parties. "If you take away my family's bread, I'll take you down—the government needs to know that," an unemployed shipbuilder tells Der Spiegel. "And don't call us anarchists if that happens! We're heads of our families and we're desperate."

ANCAPS: ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Back to top Go down
zero

Greece Simmers as Austerity Plan Bites Vide
PostSubject: Re: Greece Simmers as Austerity Plan Bites   Greece Simmers as Austerity Plan Bites Icon_minitimeSun Aug 22, 2010 11:09 pm

CovOps wrote:
The Greeks are still broke and they're getting angrier about it. An austerity plan meant to put the country back on the road to economic health has plunged Greece into a depression, with the unemployment rate approaching 70% in some areas. Almost a fifth of stores in Athens have declared bankruptcy and with things set to get worse instead of better, some analysts predict widespread civil unrest is on the way.

There will be another wave of layoffs next month, with "extreme social consequences," warns an Athens University professor of political science, who has appeared on TV warning Greeks of hard times ahead. Angry workers say they've lost faith in the unions and all the country's political parties. "If you take away my family's bread, I'll take you down—the government needs to know that," an unemployed shipbuilder tells Der Spiegel. "And don't call us anarchists if that happens! We're heads of our families and we're desperate."

ANCAPS: ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS

wouldn't surprise me if they ask for more money from the imf or united states. If they pull this debacle off it will be from a slow transition which will take more funding. Just not sure if/how they will ever pay it back. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

Greece Simmers as Austerity Plan Bites

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps' Laissez-faire Free Trade Zone-