HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Nailed: "Of course, I lied" - OZschwitz MP admits friend's baby is his

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

Nailed: "Of course, I lied" - OZschwitz MP admits friend's baby is his Vide
PostSubject: Nailed: "Of course, I lied" - OZschwitz MP admits friend's baby is his   Nailed: "Of course, I lied" - OZschwitz MP admits friend's baby is his Icon_minitimeWed Aug 18, 2010 5:06 am

A defiant Kerry Hickey says he will stay in politics after a dramatic day in which the Cessnock MP admitted lying about having a baby with a NSW parliamentary staff member, called the Premier to give her the news, and reversed a decision to retire.

''Of course I lied,'' he said yesterday about a Newcastle Herald report last month in which he said he and the woman, 35, were friends, and the baby girl born in February last year was not his.

The lie had been to save the woman's career, he said.

''I lied to protect [her], the baby, my children and my family, and because I didn't want it in the media.''

Mr Hickey said the publicity would ''destroy'' the woman's career, and ''that's why I lied in the initial stage''.

Mr Hickey said yesterday that he had planned to announce his retirement from politics at the next Cessnock ALP branch meeting in early September, after saying last month he expected to be preselected for the state election in March.

ANCAPS: ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Back to top Go down

Nailed: "Of course, I lied" - OZschwitz MP admits friend's baby is his

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: Celebrate Evildoers' Inadvertent Contributions to AnCaps' Values!-