View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Bwahaha! Outrage Over Crucifix That Kinda Shows Jesus' Genitalia Vide
PostSubject: Bwahaha! Outrage Over Crucifix That Kinda Shows Jesus' Genitalia   Bwahaha! Outrage Over Crucifix That Kinda Shows Jesus' Genitalia Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 6:13 am

Churchgoers in tiny Warr Acres, Okla., are, um, at war over a crucifix that appears to depict Jesus' genitalia covering his abdomen. "I was horrified,” one parishioner says. "I was appalled at the sexualization of Christ," says another. Says a third: "If I hadn’t been prepared already, I think I would have just been ill.” St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church , however, says it isn't so, and has no plans to take down the 10-foot tall crucifix, which has hung above the altar since February.

Bwahaha! Outrage Over Crucifix That Kinda Shows Jesus' Genitalia Getimagea

The local priest insists the image shows Jesus with a distended abdomen, and does not, in fact, show his penis. "I think it was painted according to the certain specific rules of iconography and church art,” he tells the Oklahoman.

http://www.newsok.com/controversial-crucifix-creates-rift-at-warr-acres-church/article/3453833?custom_click=masthead_topten#ixzz0lBbC45eW
Back to top Go down

Bwahaha! Outrage Over Crucifix That Kinda Shows Jesus' Genitalia

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-