View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

John Stossel to Cover Libertarianism for Fox Vide
PostSubject: John Stossel to Cover Libertarianism for Fox   John Stossel to Cover Libertarianism for Fox Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:39 am

John Stossel, the ABC anchor known for his libertarian bent, is moving to the Fox Business Network to host a weekly prime-time program. He will also make regular appearances on the Fox News Channel.

A fierce and sometimes controversial contrarian, Mr. Stossel is perhaps best known for his watchdog reports, “Give Me a Break.” He has been a correspondent for the ABC newsmagazine “20/20” for almost 30 years, and a co-anchor of it for six years.

Mr. Stossel’s hiring is an important one for the two-year-old Fox Business, which is seeking more viewers and wider cable distribution. Last week the network, a unit of News Corporation, said it would start to simulcast Don Imus’s radio show in October.

Mr. Stossel will start work in October, and his weekly program, named “Stossel,” will begin sometime in the fourth quarter. Fox said “Stossel” would include news segments and conversations about “libertarian issues in the United States and abroad,” including free-market economics and civil liberties.

In a post on his ABC blog, Mr. Stossel said he wanted to “dig into the meaning of the words ‘liberty’ and ‘limited government’ ” on the program.

“ABC enabled me to do some of that, but Fox offers me more air time and a new challenge,” he added.

In a statement, ABC News wished Mr. Stossel well and said he would be “an asset to Fox News in this next chapter of his terrific career.”

Mr. Stossel publicly fumed after ABC chose to run a report in late June about Michael Jackson’s death instead of a segment he had prepared about the dangers of government-run health care systems. “I am sick of the coverage of Michael Jackson,” he wrote in a blog post. The segment was eventually shown four weeks later.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/11/business/media/11fox.html
Back to top Go down

John Stossel to Cover Libertarianism for Fox

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps With FreeStyle Miscellaneous-