AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Human Degeneracy Watch: Leftist John Waters Is Ready to Defend the Worst People in the World

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Human Degeneracy Watch: Leftist John Waters Is Ready to Defend the Worst People in the World Vide
PostSubject: Human Degeneracy Watch: Leftist John Waters Is Ready to Defend the Worst People in the World    Human Degeneracy Watch: Leftist John Waters Is Ready to Defend the Worst People in the World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2022 11:59 pm

“If you pick up the book, you pretty much know what you’re going to get,” says John Waters about his debut novel, “Liarmouth: A Feel-Bad Romance,” a gleefully filthy caper due out on May 3. For longtime fans of the legendarily iconoclastic director of “Pink Flamingos” (1972) and “Hairspray” (1988), who is also a best-selling writer of nonfiction (“Role Models”; “Mr. Know-It-All”), knowing what you’re going to get means expecting a rainbow of outré sexual and criminal high jinks. If you’re less familiar with the Waters corpus, know that the book’s specifics include talking genitalia, tickle fetishism, bloody violence and plenty of satire about the shibboleths of both the left and the right. That’s what you’re getting, and that’s what Waters, 75, has been joyfully peddling in various forms for nearly 60 years — to increasingly welcoming audiences and his own continued astonishment. “The mainstream has in the last 10 years begun to accept me,” Waters says. “For reasons I’m not sure I understand. Maybe because they can’t get rid of me.”

Human Degeneracy Watch: Leftist John Waters Is Ready to Defend the Worst People in the World ZVdoFVNiYF6L70Rzu4kJuw5Yy-V5RB4s_9-6RjQyZlw

You used to get in trouble for what your movies showed, like lobster rape or eating poop, and not so much for their ideas. Now it seems as if a filmmaker is more likely to make people upset by expressing objectionable ideas rather than anything they might depict. What do you make of that shift? Do you think that shift — Did you say “that shift” or “that [expletive]”?

You decide. Shift, with an “f.” I’m happy at the social change, the craziness of it. The main difference, though, is when I was young — and I hate people that say that; it means you’re old — we used political incorrectness as a weapon against our enemies, but we made fun of ourselves first. The trigger-warning crowd does not make fun. I’m actually for going further: We should have fecal mobs go out and perform turd terrorism to prove that we’re serious about policing pronouns. The Jan. 6 people, they [expletive] in Nancy Pelosi’s office. So maybe we should go even crazier politically correct the other way and have fecal flash mobs going out there.

What do you mean? Malls that didn’t have nonbinary reindeer for Christmas: You leave an upper decker. That’s when you —

I know what an upper decker is. Or a payday. That’s when you don’t flush the turd. I’m just saying humor is how you fight. It’s how you make people change their mind. Everything I’ve ever done is about using humor as a weapon. I don’t think I’m mean, but everything’s touchy now. When things are touchy, isn’t that when comedy gets more exciting? Always, I was trying to satirize the rules of the world I lived in. At the same time I was trying to make you laugh and to see, What are the limits?

.https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2022/03/21/magazine/john-waters-interview.html

degenerate nazis
Back to top Go down

Human Degeneracy Watch: Leftist John Waters Is Ready to Defend the Worst People in the World

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Human Degeneracy Watch: Enemies Of Rational Values-