View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Immoral Colorado Says No to Abortion Survivors — and So Will Congress Vide
PostSubject: Immoral Colorado Says No to Abortion Survivors — and So Will Congress   Immoral Colorado Says No to Abortion Survivors — and So Will Congress Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2020 12:38 am

The Democratic party's extreme position on abortion resulted in the Colorado House's recent decision to reject a bill that would have protected infants born alive during a botched abortion.

Immoral Colorado Says No to Abortion Survivors — and So Will Congress GetFile

HB1068, the "Born Alive Child Physician Relationship" Act, would have required "the physician to exercise the same degree of professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as a reasonably diligent and conscientious physician would render to any other child born alive at the same gestational age and requires that the child born alive be immediately transferred to a hospital."
Jeff Hunt, director of the Centennial Institute, a Colorado think tank, was saddened by the lawmakers' decision.
"It's hard for me to believe that we would allow any child who needs help, to just die and be OK with that," he tells me.
Hunt says that the argument against the bill is that live births during abortion procedures never happen — that “abortions are 100 percent effective in every single case.”
But he says that's a myth. The Susan B. Anthony List, a nonprofit pro-life organization, listed "over 270 documented cases of this, and the CDC [Centers for Disease Control] has over 140 documented cases of children who survive an abortion," Hunt says.
Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam, a Democrat and former pediatrician, appeared to confirm such cases in a radio interview he gave on late-term abortion.
"If a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered. The infant would be kept comfortable. The infant would be resuscitated if that's what the mother and the family desired. And then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. So I think this was really blown out of proportion," Northam said.

Hunt tells me that despite the commonsense ethics of the bill, he wasn't terribly surprised that it failed.
"What it demonstrates is that the real power with the movement is with Planned Parenthood and NARAL [National Abortion and Reproductive Rights Action League]. They have complete dominance and control over our legislators."
Hunt adds that the legislation shouldn't even be a pro-life versus pro-choice issue.
"You can be pro-choice and still support this bill," he argues. However, "they won't get anywhere near attacking an abortion — even if it's after the fact and the baby’s alive."
At the federal level, Sen. Ben Sasse, a Nebraska Republican, reintroduced the Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act, after it failed last year. Sen. Joni Ernst, R-Iowa, co-sponsored the revived bill and addressed the issue that Hunt raised above — that it has nothing to do with abortion or being pro-choice.
"I hear arguments from the left all the time that 'it's a woman’s body' and that fetus within that woman's body, it's up to that woman to decide what is right or wrong," Ernst said. "Now we're arguing from the left that a child that has exited a woman's body is still her right to decide whether that child lives or dies. I think we need to get beyond that and recognize the fact that this is a baby."

Hunt tells me that "Colorado is one of seven states where you can have an abortion up to the moment a child is born." Patrina Mosley, the Family Research Council's director of Life, Culture and Women's Advocacy, appeared before the Senate Judiciary Committee on the Sasse bill on February 11.

[url=https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/Mosley Testimony.pdf]She testified that[/url] only "26 [states] require healthcare practitioners to exercise professional skill, care, and diligence to preserve the life of an infant born-alive after an abortion attempt and only 18 have a health care requirement like mandating that the born-alive infant be hospitalized or that a second physician be present.”
Hunt assures me that although the state House's action was a setback, the Colorado pro-life movement hasn't given up. "This fall, advocates in Colorado [the Coalition for Women and Children] are seeking to put on the ballot a ban on late-term abortion to try to go around the elected officials."
He admits, however, that "this could be a bit of a challenge, because Colorado is a very socially libertarian state," and as examples he says "we legalized recreational marijuana, doctor-assisted suicides, [and] psychedelic mushrooms."
Hunt observes that "while liberals may not have religious beliefs, they have an almost religious devotion to abortion," and that’s what the pro-life movement is up against. "And that’s deeply saddening."
He adds, however, that "the left is seriously losing ground on this — they’ve been exposed for how radical they are," which gives the pro-life movement hope. "They're now at the point where they're unwilling to compromise even on a child outside the womb, and the American people will begin to reject this type of thinking."
For Sasse, saving infants born alive during abortions is simply a matter of equal protection under the law.
"For two centuries, Americans have worked relentlessly to extend basic human rights to more and more of our fellow citizens," Sasse said. "It's time to protect these newborn and vulnerable babies."
More than that, a society is judged by how it treats its most helpless citizens, and allowing an infant to slowly die of exposure is murder, pure and simple.

https://www.newsmax.com/michaeldorstewitz/abortion-bornalive-colorado-congress/2020/02/19/id/954718/

degenerates
Back to top Go down

Immoral Colorado Says No to Abortion Survivors — and So Will Congress

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-