View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

I’ve Come to the Conclusion That We Have No Right to Own Guns Vide
PostSubject: I’ve Come to the Conclusion That We Have No Right to Own Guns   I’ve Come to the Conclusion That We Have No Right to Own Guns Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2020 12:14 am

There. I’ve said it. Human beings have no right to own guns. You on the left can shut up now about how we want to own guns more than we want to keep kids safe. We don’t have the right to the consumerist pleasure of owning lots of fun machines.
But.
It is immoral to prevent an individual from acting to preserve their own life.
Nobody* thinks it’s unreasonable to fight back if someone is actually trying to kill you. People* don’t think it’s unreasonable for a woman to hit someone attempting to remove her autonomy.
People, it follows,* can not be morally prevented from defending themselves. People have a right to defend their lives. There is no court that can return you your life or property intact.**
Of course, now that we have established that, it’s plain to see that humans, as users of tools, should be able to use tools that can help them in their defense. Otherwise, you effectively ban defense of the self as clearly as if you yourself stabbed every victim. How can you morally prohibit a tired man, a paralyzed woman, the elderly, from protecting themselves? They may, of course, defend themselves with their fists but are less likely to be successful even against an unarmed man than if they just had a tool.

People propose the need for a line. Obviously, we don’t want every Tom, Dick, and Harry owning and using nuclear weapons. Society and civilization couldn’t handle it. We Need a Line.
So here it is. Can I use it to preserve my own life from another individual trying to take it? While keeping my own life in the process?
If you can, then it’s immoral to prohibit an individual from using that tool to defend their life, as well as immoral to prohibit an individual from equipping themselves with that tool. Just in case they must defend their life.
We don’t have a right to own guns. We have a right to defend our lives from damage and our property from destruction. We have a right to equip ourselves with the tools and skills necessary to do so, if we choose so.
To do anything else is immoral.

*Except for Britons or other places where there is a doctrine of proportionate force. Or people who got the wrong lessons from the successes of peaceful protest.
** Attribution not remembered.

https://ricochet.com/715760/ive-come-to-the-conclusion-that-we-have-no-right-to-own-guns/
Back to top Go down

I’ve Come to the Conclusion That We Have No Right to Own Guns

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-