AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

'You don't know it's not normal': Less than half of us recognise anxiety symptoms

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

'You don't know it's not normal': Less than half of us recognise anxiety symptoms Vide
PostSubject: 'You don't know it's not normal': Less than half of us recognise anxiety symptoms   'You don't know it's not normal': Less than half of us recognise anxiety symptoms Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm just a bit messed up and highly strung. This was the view I took of myself before I knew that anxiety was not just a normal part of who I am.

'You don't know it's not normal': Less than half of us recognise anxiety symptoms 1507609550953

It turns out that I'm not alone in this confusion.

Anxiety affects one in four Australian adults – it is the most common mental health issue in the country – yet less than half of us recognise the symptoms when they occur. Like me, many people confuse their symptoms with something else, like a lack of sleep, or simply think that the unsettling feeling of chronic stress is their "normal".

"I had a pretty anxious childhood – my household was pretty frenetic and you don't know it's not normal because that's all you know as a child," says Sydneysider Camilla Martin.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/health-and-wellbeing/you-dont-know-its-not-normal-less-than-half-of-us-recognise-anxiety-symptoms-20171010-gyxvs0.html

:shock:
Back to top Go down

'You don't know it's not normal': Less than half of us recognise anxiety symptoms

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-