View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

The War On Links Vide
PostSubject: The War On Links   The War On Links Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 3:10 am

In case you didn’t notice, we are waging a war over links. Some would say that SEOs are at war with search engines, but I disagree. Search engines and SEOs have a symbiotic relationship; and without meaning to, we’ve killed the value of the link.

The War On Links Google-war-links-featured

The link, once a simple connector from one site to another, has become the subject of intense scrutiny by SEOs, Google, and even the US Copyright Office.

Do you remember what it was like to really “surf” the Internet? The way you could bounce from site to site simply by following blogrolls and webrings? The rush of energy and excitement that would accompany your site’s inclusion into a popular webring of respected sites?

For those who may not remember, it’s basically the equivalent of getting a link from a highly trafficked site like Mashable to your 3D Pen campaign on Kickstarter. It can make or break your business.

The question I’ve heard repeated is, “Why do Google and even the US Government want to destroy this time-honored endorsement?”

Most argue that SEOs killed links with their overzealous attempts to achieve as much reach as possible for their clients’ sites (ahem, flouting established search engine guidelines). But I think search engines killed links. And I’m not so sure that eliminating webspam was the primary goal.

More:  http://searchengineland.com/war-links-188876
Back to top Go down

The War On Links

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps In Science, Technology & Environment-