View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Guns save lives Vide
PostSubject: Guns save lives   Guns save lives Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:55 am

Long time redditor, this is a throwaway account. I know this has been done before but figured id throw in my $.02. I'm not giving my location other than me being in the eastern U.S.

When i was 22 ( 26 now) my girlfriend and I moved into an apartment in a mid sized city, from our respective parents houses in a very rural part of the state. Good times were generally had as it was our first time living on our own. We had gone to a friends house about five or six blocks away for dinner and it was a nice night so we walked instead of driving. Like most cities, the housing can go from nice to not bad to shitty in a matter of a block or two. We had to pass through one of the dumpier parts but had done so several times before so we didn't think twice about it.

On the way back, we went through the shitty area near where we lived when two asshats said something smart to my girlfriend. We ignored them and kept walking but they followed us. After a block and a half of us ignoring them and them becoming increasingly hostile, one of them ran at us and shoved my girlfriend hard enough to knock her down.

I turned around to notice that three more punks had joined, two of them with machetes, one with a bat. Now this is where I tell you guys that I have carried a handgun since I was 21. Protecting myself and my family is very important to me. I'm sure I'll be put on blast by somebody about this but fuck it.

Soon after I turned around my girlfriend stood back up and one of these guys swings a machete at her. This is where I drew my .45 pistol from my shoulder holster and fired two shots. The guy who swung the machete was hit in the center of the chest and was killed near instantly. The other shot hit the guy with the bat in the collarbone. their "friends" left them there.

I called 911 and the police came as they're apt to do. I told what had happened, was put in handcuffs and my gun was confiscated (the least of my worries at the time). Come find out, an older couple had seen what was happening from their second floor window and as the husband was coming downstairs to intervene he heard the gunshots and called 911 as well.

His account was all that I needed to be washed clean of any murder charges. The men I shot being known gang members didn't hurt either.

I have no regrets over what I had to do and if I'm ever put in the situation where I have to use my weapon to ensure my own safety, I won't hesitate. The worst part of the ordeal was having someone elses blood and tissue on my body.

We packed our shit, paid the penalties on our lease and found a house in the sticks shortly after.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hk7sx/as_requested_i_killed_a_person_ama/
Back to top Go down

Guns save lives

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-