AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

And that is why, ANCAPS are against abortion: How Ron Paul saved my life and earned my support

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

And that is why, ANCAPS are against abortion: How Ron Paul saved my life and earned my support Vide
PostSubject: And that is why, ANCAPS are against abortion: How Ron Paul saved my life and earned my support   And that is why, ANCAPS are against abortion: How Ron Paul saved my life and earned my support Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 6:15 am

Young Libertarian-leaning, liberty-loving Ron Paul supporters would give their first born to be graced by the presence of this 76-year-old politician. I had the pleasure of obtaining an audience with Dr. Paul, although I was probably younger than his typical supporter.

Presidential candidate Ron Paul is the reason I am alive.

Many people forget that Ron Paul graduated from Duke University's School of Medicine and practiced as an obstetrician-gynecologist for over thirty years. Paul discovered a cyst on one of my mom's ovaries and was able to perform surgery which subsequently resulted in making my existence possible.

That's correct; Dr. Paul has seen my mom's "hoo-ha."

Ok, so maybe I didn't really "meet" Ron Paul, being as I was still an egg, but for some reason I have a special admiration for his politics. And so do a lot of other young people.

Paul won the under-thirty vote in the Iowa caucus by 48 percent, 47 percent in the New Hampshire primary and 31 percent in the South Carolina primary. There must be a reason that so many young people are drawn to Paul, and I doubt it's because he fixed their mom's ovaries. So what is it about the oldest candidate in the race that makes young people go gaga?

1. His strong stance on personal liberty and sound monetary policy.

Paul believes people should have the right to personal liberty and control of their lives without government interference. This settles well with the liberal social views of the younger generation. Paul believes that gay marriage should be handled on a state-by-state basis and he has even called for the legalization of drugs. Paul has also called on auditing the Federal Reserve, returning to the gold standard, and cutting billions from the national budget.

2. His views on war and foreign policy.

Ron Paul has continuously criticized the government for entering in the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts without officially declaring war. On Paul's website he says, "Acting as the world’s policeman and nation-building weakens our country, puts our troops in harm’s way, and sends precious resources to other nations in the midst of an historic economic crisis." Paul believes the military should defend the country from home and only enter a war when all diplomatic processes fail.

3. He is just plain honest.

The thing that I notice when Ron Paul speaks at a debate is that you can tell he is genuine. Paul actually believes what he is saying, unlike other politicians who speak without conviction. This resonates particularly well with young voters, who after seeing so many politicians say one thing and actively do another, are ready for an honest leader.

These three things make Dr. Ron Paul very appealing to young voters who may be disenchanted by years of war under the Bush administration, or what may seem as a broken promise of change under the Obama presidency. Even though Paul is often ignored by mainstream media and often characterized as an “isolationist” because of his foreign policy views, he has a strong base of youth voters who are fervent in their admiration of him.

Paul incorporates the economic freedoms of the Republican Party and the social freedoms of the Democratic Party into one 76-year-old-package for twenty-something’s who do not relate to mainstream politics.

I support Ron Paul and stand by his fight for liberty. Of course, I must. After all, I wouldn’t be here without him.

http://www.readthehorn.com/blogs/talking_heads/51552/how_ron_paul_saved_my_life_and_earned_my_support
Back to top Go down

And that is why, ANCAPS are against abortion: How Ron Paul saved my life and earned my support

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps On Rights, Individualism & Lifestyles-