HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

OZschwitz: Immoral statists protect shoplifters

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

OZschwitz: Immoral statists protect shoplifters Vide
PostSubject: OZschwitz: Immoral statists protect shoplifters   OZschwitz: Immoral statists protect shoplifters Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:40 pm

A Brisbane shop owner says his business was targeted by shoplifters up to 15 times a day when he posted their photographs on a "wall of shame".

Vishal Patel, owner of the Bargain Wearhouse in the western suburb of Goodna, posted photographs of children as young as 13 years old on his shop window and refused to take them down until they made a $100 donation to Rotary.

The photographs of a mother and daughter and two juveniles, aged 13 and 14 were exhibited by the shop after all were allegedly were caught stealing.

But under Queensland law, it is illegal to identify children under the age of 17 allegedly involved in criminal activity.

A police spokeswoman said none of the people in the pictures had made a complaint, though one had been made by Ipswich Councillor Paul Tully.

Mr Patel has not been charged but yesterday he maintained he was morally in the right.

"By law I was doing the wrong thing, but in my heart I was doing the right thing, because I wanted people to realise that stealing is wrong," Mr Patel said.

:Link:
Back to top Go down

OZschwitz: Immoral statists protect shoplifters

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-