HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

All war has desecration

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RR Phantom

RR Phantom

Job/hobbies : Cayman Islands Actuary

All war has desecration  Vide
PostSubject: All war has desecration    All war has desecration  Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 2:58 am

It is hypocritical to punish US soldiers filmed urinating on dead Taliban fighters.

All war has desecration  Spooner-cartoon-420x0

The video that emerged in recent days appearing to show four US marines urinating on dead Taliban fighters has outraged many people in America. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Defence Secretary Leon Panetta have condemned the act, the military has promised an inquiry, and some experts are even suggesting the act could qualify as a war crime.

Mainly, however, people seem simply to not understand it. Why would America's warriors - for that matter, why would anyone - urinate on a dead body?

I spent a year, off and on, with a platoon of US soldiers in the Korengal Valley of eastern Afghanistan. There was a lot of fighting, a lot of casualties and an enormous amount of stress on the men I was with. I never saw anyone do anything like this, but then again, I never saw any dead Taliban fighters; the enemy always recovered their casualties before we could get there

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politics/all-war-has-desecration-20120116-1q35m.html#ixzz1jhTmULSY
Back to top Go down

All war has desecration

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-