View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Politically correct mumbo-jumbo in our schools Vide
PostSubject: Politically correct mumbo-jumbo in our schools   Politically correct mumbo-jumbo in our schools Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 2:15 am

Do you fret about whether you’re raising your child correctly? Not to worry. Even if you’re deeply involved in your children’s lives and happy with their social development, you have an eager partner in rearing your offspring: the Clark County School District.

Of course, the district’s ideas of what qualities make up a model youngster are probably very different from yours. But hey, we all have time to do a little debriefing after homework every night, right?

Monday was the first day of the new school year, and it proved to be more of a learning experience for me than it was for my fifth-grader. He brought home a pile of papers last week that included the 12-page school district booklet, “Elementary Students: Behaving Positively at School.”

I opened it, wanting to make sure I was familiar with the guidelines regarding bullying, drugs, classroom disruptions and other legitimate school concerns. Instead, I was greeted by a full page of mind-numbing, politically correct mumbo-jumbo under the headline, "The Challenge of Excellence -- Be Positive!"

The page highlights the "six qualities believed to be basic to positive human conduct": integrity, respect, responsibility, courage, justice and empathy. Worthy enough -- to a point.

Unfortunately, most of the 34 bullet points that follow have nothing to with those six qualities, and certainly have nothing to do with helping kids master their multiplication tables and learn how to spell. A sampling of the pap includes (keep in mind, this is for elementary students):

More: http://www.lvrj.com/opinion/56171952.html
Back to top Go down

Politically correct mumbo-jumbo in our schools

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: AnCaps & Psychology, Edumbcation, Even IndoctriNation-