AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

A UPS driver was working a new route when he was taken hostage and killed in an outrageous poLICE shootout

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

A UPS driver was working a new route when he was taken hostage and killed in an outrageous poLICE shootout Vide
PostSubject: A UPS driver was working a new route when he was taken hostage and killed in an outrageous poLICE shootout   A UPS driver was working a new route when he was taken hostage and killed in an outrageous poLICE shootout Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2019 7:24 pm

The UPS driver who was taken hostage and killed during a police shootout on a Florida highway was working a new route, news reports say. Robbers had hijacked the driver’s van on Thursday and exchanged gunfire with officers while dozens of cars were stopped around them.

Frank Ordonez, a 27-year-old who usually delivered on a route in Coconut Grove, was driving by himself in the adjacent city of Coral Gables on Thursday, according to his stepfather, Joe Merino, who spoke with NBC Miami. Merino said he was watching the police chase on television. He didn’t realize at first that his stepson was the driver in the UPS truck.

“It was hard for me to swallow, a real hard pill to swallow,” Merino told the news station. “When my 15-year-old saw it, she collapsed.”

The episode shut down Miramar Parkway in the Miami-area city of Miramar as the UPS truck got trapped in slow-moving, rush-hour traffic and dozens of police officers streamed into the road with their guns drawn. News helicopters captured the scene as officers fired at the truck and took cover behind cars trapped in the standstill. Bodies fell from the passenger side of the truck and into the road.

The two robbers and a person in a nearby car also were killed in the shootout, the FBI told reporters. The agency identified the suspects as Miami-Dade County residents Lamar Alexander and Ronnie Jerome Hill, both 41. The bystander has not been identified.

Speaking about the suspects, Merino told NBC Miami that he is not a violent person, “but from one human being to another, I’m glad they’re dead."

Ordonez’s favorite pastime was being with his two daughters, ages 3 and 6, his brother Roy Ordonez told CNN. He also liked to fish and play basketball and video games. He was filling in on Thursday for a driver who had called out of work, CNN reported.

On a GoFundMe page that had raised more than $60,000 by Friday afternoon, Roy Ordonez wrote that his brother had been gunned “down like a criminal by the Florida police.” He asked people to share the fundraising page to “make people aware of trigger happy police officers.”

“They could have killed many more people, could have been one of your loved ones,” Roy Ordonez wrote. “Please don’t let my brother’s death be for nothing. Police need to be held accountable.”

The incident started when a silent holdup alarm was triggered about 4:15 p.m. in Regent Jewelers in the Miracle Mile promenade of Coral Gables, police told reporters. Employees buzzed the robbers into the store because they were posing as postal workers, according to the Miami Herald. One of the gunmen fired into the floor, and the bullet ricocheted, hitting a female employee in the forehead, the Herald reported.

The robbers exchanged gunfire with the store owner, causing some bullets to reach City Hall across the street, police said. The building was locked down, and no city employees were injured.

The gunmen fled north to Coral Gables in a truck, hijacked the UPS truck and abducted the driver while he was making a delivery, police said. Police cars chased the truck before it became boxed into a middle lane by traffic and officers swarmed it.

In the aftermath of the deadly shootout, witnesses shared startling images on social media — many showing graphic scenes and gunfire.

My friend sent me this
Back to top Go down

A UPS driver was working a new route when he was taken hostage and killed in an outrageous poLICE shootout

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Categorical Imperatives :: Via AnCaps: Law & Enforced Unnatural Order-