AnCaps
ANARCHO-CAPITALISTS
Bitch-Slapping Statists For Fun & Profit Based On The Non-Aggression Principle

HomePortalGalleryRegisterLog in

Funny: What if pro-state morons grew brains?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CovOps

CovOps

Female Location : Ether-Sphere
Job/hobbies : Irrationality Exterminator
Humor : Über Serious

Funny: What if pro-state morons grew brains? Vide
PostSubject: Funny: What if pro-state morons grew brains?   Funny: What if pro-state morons grew brains? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2009 6:06 pm

By Anonymous

What if pro-state morons grew brains?

Seems like everytime I debate with a statist on the finer (read, "tedious") points of life without the nanny state, I'm hit with a barrage of "what-ifs." To a certain extent, a few "what-if" questions are acceptable, but usually, this is taken to extremes. Most statists can NOT allow themselves to actually accept that life actually DOES go on without the D.C. Mafia stealing from everyone, taking a generous cut for themselves, THEN paying for "Services" that may or may not be worth a damn. This obstinate denial is usually recognized by increasingly absurd "what-if" scenarios:

Statist: What if there were no cops? It'd be chaos! Rapists and robbers would rape and rob with impunity!!
Me: I don't see why there could not be more legitimate protection agencies that are funded by people who actually want the protection, instead of extortion funded thugs in blue that aren't obligated to protect you in the first place (as the courts have ruled, time and time again) .
Statist: But what if the protection agency isn't there when you need it??
Me: Well, it looks like you're responsible for your own self-defense, then.
Statist What if you're not physically able to defend yourself?
Me: You can always buy a gun, in that case.
Statist: What if they can't afford a gun?
Me: Uh, they can always buy a knife, lead sap, tazer gun or OC gas...
Statist: What if those aren't available to them?
Me: ...then they don't get them, obviously. There's still the chance of a friend or relative protecting them.
Statist: What if they don't have any relatives or friends?!?!
Me: There's always the possibility of a stranger stepping in and doing the right thing and stopping the attacker.
Statist: What if they're all aloooooone?!?!?
Me: Well, uh...they could always run...
Statist: WHAT IF THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY LEGS?!?!?!?!
Me: They can always call for help.
Statist: What if they ain't got no LUNGS?
Me: WELL, I guess it looks like they're fucked, doesn't it?
Statist: SEE WHAT ANARCHY LEADS TO!? We NEEEEEEEEEEED the police and politicians and laws and and and...
Me: You're a moron.

While that wasn't an actual verbatim conversation, it passes as a good example of some of the discussions I've had with pro-state folk. Some of them just refuse to accept the fact that bad things happen sometimes. They've been indoctrinated into the belief in "government" from the very start, and they aren't about to let go of the delusion any time soon. That delusion is beaten into them at school, on the television, by the parents, etc. Its a small wonder that things are how they are today. Along with fostering an utter lack of responsibility, the state seems to generate an abusive/dependent relationship between it and it's subjects, commonly known as the Stockholm Syndrome.

One of my reasons for equating statism with the Stockholm Syndrome is the reversal of tables that happens when discussing income tax with a state-supporter. Instead of recognizing taxation for what it really is (extortion) they claim that I am that thief for not paying up to the D.C. Mafia when they come thugging for my money. They claim that I should pay my "fair share" and that I am "stealing from other honest tax payers (read: those who acquiesce to extortion) by using the "services" like roads, police (I'll defend myself, thank you very much), game wardens, meat inspectors, the FDA, "national defense," firemen, ambulances, etc..."

Who the fuck is stealing from who, here? Instead of replying with the painfully obvious answer, they fall back on hare-brained, propagandistic, high school civics class rhetoric: "you're not paying your fair share!" Tell me something, if I lived under the "jurisdiction" (for lack of better word) of the Mafia along with a few thousand other people and I refused to participate in the protection racket they enforced, unlike everyone else, would that be stealing just because I'm using some of the "Services" that the thugs provide with stolen loot? I don't think so. Sadly, the majority of people are duped into thinking that there's "nothing more patriotic than paying taxes," even if they fucking hate it. What the hell is wrong with everyone?
Back to top Go down

Funny: What if pro-state morons grew brains?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Anarcho-Capitalist Non-Miscellaneous :: AnCaps & Humor-